Imagine a world (and then imagine every world) where the first thing We ask a stranger is: “What do You like to play best?”

This IS what We ARE doing

This IS what We ARE doing
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING (Picture found on Facebook, artist unknown)

Belief

"Whatever You believe (truly believe) will work for You ...................... is working for You."
Myrddin

"If You ever Oneder what it is that You truly believe, look at what You have in Your life"
Myrddin
(I have been saying this about Our beliefs for years AND it is becoming more real to Me every day.)

"THE UNKNOWN IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE"
Myrddin

"A belief is just a habit of thought."
Abraham-Hicks

Contribute

If You would like to support My work, My writing and sharing, My PayPal account is:

myrddinak@gmail.com

I greatly appreciate any and All contributions.

Friday, January 6, 2012

On Happiness

ON HAPPINESS

(written 12/10/2000)



So, what do we all seek? I can only express my thoughts, I may be wrong. I think we all seek happiness or if not, then a reason, justification, for not being happy. Many say what we seek is love, but I thinks, that we seek to be loved as a route to happiness.

I think we think of love as our goal or ideal, but we really seek it not for itself but because we think it will make us happy. I think there are many things we seek to bring happiness but love is the most "noble". By the way, I do believe in love, but that's another chapter. I think we seek to belong, material goods, finance, power, education etc all in an effort to be happy. I think being happy is our goal. When we feel we fall short then we seek a reason or justification.

Perhaps we say "I am storing up good karma for my next life and that is worth any pain I suffer" or "I will reap my rewards in heaven" etc. I believe we have been taught that this or that will make us happy for so long that we trust that teaching, and when it doesn't work we think that we have failed when it was really the teaching that failed us!

Now, you may be wondering what it is that I think will make us happy. It's quite simple really. I think acceptance will make us happy. Yes, that's it that's all I think it takes. Short, simple, easy just accept everything as is. Accept everything as perfect and you will be happy. Is there anything else?

Did you say you don't think that is easy? You don't think everything is acceptable much less perfect? Perhaps that is why you aren't completely happy.

No comments: