Imagine a world (and then imagine every world) where the first thing We ask a stranger is: “What do You like to play best?”

This IS what We ARE doing

This IS what We ARE doing
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING (Picture found on Facebook, artist unknown)

Belief

"Whatever You believe (truly believe) will work for You ...................... is working for You."
Myrddin

"If You ever Oneder what it is that You truly believe, look at what You have in Your life"
Myrddin
(I have been saying this about Our beliefs for years AND it is becoming more real to Me every day.)

"THE UNKNOWN IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE"
Myrddin

"A belief is just a habit of thought."
Abraham-Hicks

Contribute

If You would like to support My work, My writing and sharing, My PayPal account is:

myrddinak@gmail.com

I greatly appreciate any and All contributions.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Am a Conceptual Designer

Hi there, I Am a conceptual designer and so are You. This became apparent to Me as I was pondering why I continue to dwell on My current physical job. This is One of the things I do in this job and I really enjoy it. So I decided to take a look at the process and see how I can apply it (or do apply it) in My life that goes beyond the material, day to day world. I did an internet search on this title and found a good descritption: "Conceptual design means different things to different people."
What I do (and You can too if You don't All-ready) is I take concepts and create realities or societies or cities or communities or worlds out of these concepts. Another way to describe it is that I take an idea and make it physical. I have been doing this for milleniums so whether I'm good at it or not, I Am certainly experienced. If You think about it, just like I Allready said, We All do this as co-creators of Our reality.
My current project is bringing multiple or alternate or expanded realities into co-existing awareness. This may or may not be anything new, but for Me the awareness is what is new.
Let Me tell You how I work. I look at the allotted space for My project. Then (without thinking about what I'm doing) I go into a type of meditative state. I take deeper breaths, hold "them" and slowly let the breath out. I continue breathing in this manner while I survey the space and consider the idea that I plan to put into this space. I begin to imagine the idea being in this space.
I don't do well with visualization, so I have to create objects and place "them" in the space. At first of course it is basically a jumbled mess. The objects represent different aspects of the original idea and "they" can be people or plants or animals or rocks, anything at All. Next I begin assingning locations to the objects. I let the idea pour through My mind and arrange the objects a few at a time, in whatever manner seems appealling. As I add and move objects I continue to find I need to re-arrange and keep the pattern fluid to maintain a pleasant appearance.
Basically I play with it. I try this, I try that, I study it, I tear it apart, I re-arrange, I breathe.
Often I find that the idea just doesn't want to fit in the allottted space. I don't know quite how to describe what I do, I change My breathing pattern a little and My mind (imagination) expands or contracts the space a little here and a little there. I do this in small increments so as not to be readily noticable at a glance. It is a bit discomforting for a person to walk into a building the size of a small garage and find something similar to New York City. Therefore, I take great care to make small gradual adjustments and I usually like to step back and survey the surrounding area as well to make certain that I maintain a certain sense of balance and congruity. Sometimes this requires altering the spaces around the space I'm working with and again must be done in gradual steps so as not to upset or confuse any inhabitants of these areas. If you give it a little thought You can probably imagine the incidents that occurred which taught Me to be careful. Things like moving a persons bathtub while "they" are in it and finding You have blocked the bathroom door and left only the cold water turned on in the shower. The screams alone can break My concentration and make everything look much worse than it actually is.
So, bringing several realities into One space is My current project, and doing so without overly upsetting any inhabitants of any of these realities.
One of the steps involved is folding space. This (or something like it) must be done to get the realities from seperate spaces into One space. Either that or I have to pack everything up and drag, push or pull One reality to another. That is a very slow and tiresome task and I just simply do not have the patience or energy to bother.
Folding space was recently described to Me by a new friend and this explantion greatly simplifies the process. Imagine a piece of paper with a line drawn down the center. The line divides the paper into 2 halves, yes? Now put a hole in the center of each half. Measure the shortest distance between the two holes (a straight line). Next fold the paper in half along the line that is drawn down the center. Now measure the distance between the holes, much shorter now isn't it? You can open or close the folded paper to make the distance longer or shorter as You wish. You can make the distance between the holes appear Allmost non-existant, so the two holes appear to exist in virtually the same space. And, appearance really is everything.
Another method has been used a lot in cartoons. If You think about it, I'm sure You have seen this done many times in cartoons. Imagine a solid wall with a cartoon caracter standing looking at it. The character takes out a pencil and draws a door in the wall. Then the caracter turns the door knob and opens the door. Now, We have a decision to make. Do We wish to view what is on the other side of the wall or have the caracter draw a room or city or entire world inside the wall? Do You get the picture? (Pun definately intended.)

(To be continued, or not?)

No comments: