Imagine a world (and then imagine every world) where the first thing We ask a stranger is: “What do You like to play best?”

This IS what We ARE doing

This IS what We ARE doing
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING (Picture found on Facebook, artist unknown)

Belief

"Whatever You believe (truly believe) will work for You ...................... is working for You."
Myrddin

"If You ever Oneder what it is that You truly believe, look at what You have in Your life"
Myrddin
(I have been saying this about Our beliefs for years AND it is becoming more real to Me every day.)

"THE UNKNOWN IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE"
Myrddin

"A belief is just a habit of thought."
Abraham-Hicks

Contribute

If You would like to support My work, My writing and sharing, My PayPal account is:

myrddinak@gmail.com

I greatly appreciate any and All contributions.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Return to Faerie

We were drawn to look for this (actually chapter two) here yesterday and were quite surpirsed to find that We had not ever posted it here.  In fact, We had forgotten We had even written two chapters.  It looks like We wrote chapter two in 2005 and We feel We wrote chapter One around the same time.

What is quite amazing is how much of this We thought We only began to real-eyes in 2011 or 2012.  For Us it is a great example of the tricks time and memory play on Us.  Especially when We hit the snooze button.

This may have been written in 2005 but We theel it is very applicable to today.  Perhaps it is today.

 

Chapter 1:

 
Tell Us a story



Tell Us a story. Tell Us a story!

But, You don’t always like My stories.

That’s because sometimes “they” are so harsh.

Do You mean harsh as in true?

We would say more like harsh as in real.

Yes, I would agree.

Okay, let Me see, well not exactly see as in saw, but then again that might be fun or better than harsh. Did I ever tell You the One about?

Yes, You told us that One. In fact You told Us that One so many times…

Well (I know: deep subject) how about this One?

That One?

No, I said this One! I remember a good One. Would You like to hear about the return of faerie?

Wow, yeah, when did that happen?

It hasn’t happened yet of course, after All it was only a few thousand years ago that faerie departed Our shores. Hardly time enough to get anywhere much less return again. I mean: what’s the point of leaving if You are just going to turn around and return in a few thousand years?

Okay, okay, but how can You remember it if it hasn’t happened yet?

I’m not sure I understand the question.

How can We be any clearer?

Couldn’t be too hard since You are not being clear at all right now.

Oh let go and tell Us Your story.

It’s not exactly My story. In fact I don’t think it belongs to anyOne. Perhaps it belongs to everyOne. How does One (or more) establish ownership of a story? Or, how does One (or more) establish ownership of anything? I mean when You think about it, it doesn’t really make any sense at All, whatever it is that it is. And, further more…

Oh do get on! You do ramble so.

Of course I ramble, what else is a story for? If One can’t ramble how is One able to get anywhere? And if One can’t get anywhere, where would more be? Now if You look at it that way (or this way) it is still the same, it just looks different. Or perhaps it looks the same, the only difference is Your point of view which can make all the difference in the world (or worlds). And Once upon a time faerie left and then it returned. The end!

Don’t be a bore.

If You don’t want Me to ramble and You don’t want Me to be concise who do You want Me to be?

Be You of course.

I generally am, unless I’m being someone else and in truth even then I Am still MySelf.

So tell Us about the return of faerie.

Once upon a time:…

Sit back and relax, relax and remember, remember the time when rock and bird and tree are One and remember the time when “they” will be again. Relax and breathe, breathe deep and deeper, relax, relax and go deeper into Your mind. In Your mind find all the truths that ever were and ever will be. Remember faerie as it was in its glory. In the height of the faerie times, and the breadth of faerie joy, remember. Do You remember?

          Many might ask if there is a difference between elves and fairies and what is faerie? My answer would be that there is no answer, but if pressed I would tell You that it depends on who asked and whom it was that who asked. You might reply that obviously You had asked Me and then I would have to say that there is no answer. Or perhaps I would say that “they” are different only in ways that anything else is different from itSelf. Then You would probably say: that is no answer, and We would be back where We started (which of course is where We always are/were) and I could say: “I told you so” if I were the kind of person to say: “I told you so”. Which of course I'm not.

       So now You are sitting here relaxing, maybe having a nice cup of Java (even though that doesn’t really contribute to relaxing). So You are sitting and relaxing and I shake You up with My rambling and who knows what I’m talking about? Relax and enjoy the ride, it’s free, only the story costs You Your time. My attention costs a dime: “American Express will do nicely thank You.”

      Relax and see with Your mind, see All the things Your eyes can never believe. See All the sounds beyond Your range. Follow the sound to where it grows soft and faint, no don’t faint, let the sound faint. Let it draw You in and breathe You out. Let Your cares drift off to castles of sand and faerie mist and see the clouds of marshmallows flowing through Your mind. Follow any sound to where it starts and where it ends and tell Me if “they” are the same place or far removed, in Your mind or..... or..... or.... where else is there?
 
           Relax with Me and drift away.

Which way did it go?
           Away, away it went this way.

Follow it there and You are here, riding the waves, drifting away and sway with the music drifting away, which way?

This way, this is the way. Is there only One way? Of course only One as many as You dream a thousand and One and only One. Drift away, oh drift away deeper in Your mind to where You stay.

Did You stray?

Deeper and deeper drift away.

Remember faerie, remember “their” day. Do You see a castle of mist? Do monkeys steal Your underwear at night? Does it make any sense? Can You remember tomorrow? Does today ever end? If You stay in the now where did You go?

Relax, I say relax while I shatter Your firm beliefs and wrench Your soul with truths that soothe the savage beast and anger gods that have never known wrath. Relax, relax for You know the truth and what I say can never change that! So where is fear?

A dark and lonely place beneath the earth lies hidden from everyOne’s sight. Exposed today for All to see, for in Your mind are the eyes of All and torn from Your mind are cries of truth and wonder to behold. So look again and You are safe. Safe in Your arms I lay and rest, relax and go deep within Your mind.

In Your mind I lay and rest. Relax, let YourSelf drift, follow Your heart, Your heart of hearts. Drift away, oh drift away, let music and dreams carry You away. Let Your heart-spring carry You away, away to where You long to be and feel the joy, the faerie joy as “they” laugh and dance, as We laugh and dance. And free once more We will ever be, and free once more We have ever been. Away, away, drift away to streams of joy and bliss of night.

Only in Your mind lay joy and fear, let go!

Drift, drift away to where I lead, to where We have been. Feel all the colors that You have ever been and then again drift away on clouds of sand and emerald lands. We are the joy, We are the bliss and NOW’s the time, the place, The end.

The shore is near, You have journeyed far. The music has grown thin and frail. I see the boats as “they” return and ride the waves. The sails, oh My gods and demons the sails so bold, “they” blazon the sun and “they” raise the stars. Look, look deep, deep in Your mind and now You know: All is there.

          The white boats. Do You see the white boats? Boats with sails spun of gold, sails stretched taught by winds of angelic chorus. The harps drive the boats on and on, drifting deep, drifting deep, deeper and deeper in Your mind. See with Your mind and drift away. Let harps made of spring grass carry the tune that will draw You in and sail You on. I am here, here with You, fear not little One. Grow bold and call Our name and watch the sails draw All in. Be safe, ever safe in the haven of Your love.

Bold, We grow bold, bold as a lion lying down by the lamb. Spring grass plays My heart and whispers My love. I sing of the day while I dream in the night and the lamb calls to mother the goddess of light. Drift on little One and dream in My heart. Be warm and feel safe You live in Our love.

Look! Look! What’s that? What is that so far away yet close as My heart?

The dragon’s breath. It is the dragon’s breath I see. The dragon’s breath drives the boats on, fills the sails, and sounds like a chorus of angels and harps so clear that “they” could coax spring flowers out of a field of snow. Yes even snow fresh fallen and drifted deep, deep, deeper in Your mind. Drift deep, and deep and deeper in Your mind and I am there.

I Am. I Am here. I Am in Your dream, Your dream of joy and castles of mist and mounds of faerie dust. Cotton candy spun gold and colors of joy fill Your mind and drift deep to the truth that lies in Your heart. Sing free the dragon’s breath sounds clear and draws Us in as it drives the white boats. The white boats cutting the waves and froth to grow larger and draw near and nearer My heart. Faerie returns. Go deep and go deep, deeper in Your mind.

The white boats riding the sea, “their” prows cutting the waves, froth in “their” wake. Oh behold “their” hulls look like perfect white stallions charging through the sea with “their” manes flying free in the wind. How glorious a sight growing near. Do You see? Do You feel? The time of faerie draws near once again.
            Perhaps.

Where did “they” go? When did “they” leave? What drove “them” away?

Why do “they” return?

Stories indeed lay hidden in Our mind.

Answers breed more questions.

The wheel of time rolls round and round, is it time We have come full circle?

Are We just chasing our tails?

Once again go deeper in Your mind. Relax and breathe and go even deeper. You are the answer, go deeper. Have You ever seen night fall or day spring? All that is or was or will be is You. I Am All that is and was and ever will be, breathe deep. Follow the sounds, All sounds around, follow “them” on and in, into Your mind. Deeper We go, deeper still, farther back through the dream and ride the waves.
           Remember when faerie departed. Take only a brief glance, You don’t have to stay there, only catch a glimpse of what happened so that You remember, so that We can heal. Yes, the dawn of the age of war drove faerie from Our shores, for “they” can not abide hate and greed and All the right that makes Us fight. Now man is growing tired of war, the healing may begin breathe deep and remember peace. You are the peace.

          You are the anger and the hate and the fear so let it go. When You are ready, when man truly grows tired of war, then let it go. That’s All, that is so much. I cling to death and greed like the drowning cling to anything that floats. Let go, I can’t remember how! Help Me let go. Pry My fingers from My pain. Breathe and go deep, You are safe, You are strong, it is only Our dream and You are welcome to Your pain for just as long as You hold on to anger. Fears, anger, hate, greed “they” are All the same and You can hold on to All or let go. You are welcome to Your pain as long as You hold on to it.

        Follow Your heart to where it breathes. To where it breathes and laughs. You are the very young One, We are the wise, the innocent are here, All these hidden from Our sight. In Your mind We live on. Look deep into Your mind. I Am there. Breathe and I Am here, You are in My mind, I Am in Your dreams. I Am the dream. I Am the dreamer. Remember You are dreaming, always dreaming, I Am the dreamer.

         Breathe and relax, You are safe. You are always safe in Our love. Hold Me in Your mind and We are safe. We are always safe, this is only Our dream. We only dream of war and death and pain and hate. Remember We are One All-ways One. We are always safe and go into Your mind We are safe. Hear the colors Once again, sing the breath of the dragon, sail on through the night, and follow sound to the edge of darkness. Does it end? Or, does it begin and is it here or there? Are We now or then? Where do We live?

      Answers breed more questions.

      Remember the sword that was forged to heal not to hack. A concept totally foreign to Our thinking, born when We were deep in the age of war, as foreign as infinity is to Our finite world, Our dream of limits. Excalibur was born in the age of faerie or perhaps it was born early in the age of war. There really is no definite line between the ages, not like boundaries on a map. Ah, but I’m getting ahead of MySelf or perhaps behind, both of which are impossible of course and I should stay on course of course or perhaps a nice chorus of “lawdy dah” would do nicely or a course in literature or a course of bread pudding and set My course for the stars.

      Here I go again. I will probably end at the beginning as We follow the wheel of time, so I have difficulty starting at the beginning or staying stuck in time. I do think that in order to talk about the return of faerie We would benefit from remembering the departure of faerie. Then again maybe We should first talk about the next age which will dawn, is possibly dawning, after/as man grows tired of war. This of course is or will be the age of giving. So where do I start? How to tell Our story as I follow My trail of hints and breadcrumbs back to where We never left. We only dream of leaving.

       That’s another thing I want to chat about, I feel as though All the stuff I read and hear (about everything) are hints and breadcrumbs that I left along the path of time to find My way back to where I started and again from where I never left. Then again there are All those things I’ve learned to live by which are totally not true, but rather are part of the myth. “They” are metaphors or mirror images of truth to help Us remember the way We are. Or are “they” simply lies to trap Us in limits that do not exist? Is there a difference?

      Relax, relax and breathe. Let go of fear and dismay and questions that defy answers. Breathe and go deep in Your mind. You have the answer, I Am the answer. We are the answer Relax and go deeper into Your mind.

      Yes sometimes these questions rattle our peace, yes “they” do anger those gods that have never known wrath, but let go and relax. “They” are only thoughts, questions, hints and breadcrumbs. Breathe deep, go deep into Your mind and relax, remember You are safe. Hear the chorus of angels soaring on the dragon’s breath and let the beautiful music carry You away to lands of cotton candy mountains, faerie mist, castles of sand a thousand feet tall. Walk on the threads of mist from tree to tree. Each tree is a castle, each field a fiefdom. Faerie is already here, everything that was ever here is still here. We have only hidden things from Our own sight. Therefore the return of faerie is only the unveiling of faerie in My mind. Am I right? Or shall We continue to believe I am left? The truth does not depend on Our belief. Only My concept and experience of reality depends on My belief.

Answers breed more questions.



Love,
               Merlyn



 

 Chapter 2:


FAERIE DEPARTS





A long time ago, when the earth was green, Faerie flourished in the earth. Love was All around and love knew no bound. This was the Age of Faerie. Deep in All the forests bonfires burned every night and there were All-ways dances going on. Fiddle and fife made music’s delight and magikal instruments sang and silver bells rang. It is a time of sheer joy, a time of true love for every toy.

Before the Age of Man, even unicorns roamed the land. Alas, the unicorn loveliest of All the faerie creatures. Many believe that All unicorns are white. The white unicorns were merely the last to leave Our shores, therefore “they” were glimpsed by a few men. The white unicorns were the guardians of “their” race, “they” let the glow of “their” pure love shine bright, shielding All others from harm and thought, guiding All the stragglers and the weary to safe harbor.

When the white boats return, gliding o’er the waves, You can rest assured that the white unicorns will adorn “their” prows. “They” will lead the parade to shore. Tall and glorious as a bright spring day, leading the way, the return of the Fae. Forgive Me, I’m getting ahead of MySelf, so easy to do, yet impossible in truth.

What of sprites, centaurs, gnomes, mermaids, and All the other fae You ask? Yes, the others are All beautiful yet only the unicorn knows only love. Love is the only language a unicorn can understand. The other faerie creatures (though “they” know not the malice of man) can perceive pleasure and pain, perhaps this is the beginning of what We call duality. That is another story, at least another chapter if not an entire book.

Perhaps You wonder why I speak of the Age of Man and seemingly fail to mention Woman? You see, I believe that if Man had brought Woman with him when We first set out to invade faerie, things would have turned out quite differently. Therefore, that is also another story. Let it suffice to say that if Woman had been involved this probably would not have been an invasion. If You remind Me later I will tell You the version of Our-story in which Man and Woman visited faerie together.

Man invaded faerie for whatever the reason, do You remember why? I’m trying to recall, it seems to Me, well ……, hmmmmm……, I think the excuse was ……. Oh yeah, “they” were not a democracy. Faerie holds court, “they” have high queens and low queens, dukes and princes and on and on but no elected oafs. I mean officials, how could I have slipped up and typed that?

We looked into this era and said, “They do not elect anyOne to tell 'them' what to do! They allow royalty to pass 'their' station, 'their' office on to whoever appears qualified. These royal beings oversee, advise and litigate but there is no One elected to pass laws to tell everyOne what 'they' can and can not do.”

Obviously these customs are very barbaric and must be put to death. Besides, there might be some form of unlimited free energy in this realm that could ruin Man’s economy! Just think of the consequences if fairies decided to immigrate to Man’s realm!

Without ever so much as asking Woman’s leave Man set out to invade faerie and set All to right. Fortunately We were very ignorant about many facets of faerie. Man set about killing trees and using bits of these massive elders to build boats. Of course to make bows and arrows We had to kill different trees because those which make good boats make lousy bows and another type makes the best arrows.

So, before the invasion ever began, the killing had started and continues to this very day. Man believed there was an unlimited supply of everything he wanted, except for whatever he wanted to fight over. If there was something worth fighting over then it must be in short supply in Man’s domain. This makes perfect sense to Me and if You disagree I suggest You refrain from being a mercenary.

Once All the boats were built, the armies filled with forced and voluntary fighters and trees and animals had been killed to make weapons of every description, the invasion could begin. Supplies of food and other chemicals had been loaded into the boats and away We sailed to conquer those savage fae creatures and bring “them” a way to live worth dying for.

I certainly hope You can see the sensibility in All this. If not, You must live in another reality separate from the one I speak of. Perhaps You are a bit fae YourSelf?

We fought the high seas and terrible storms and sailed on and on into the night. The gods We prayed to did not see fit to clear a path through the storms. Instead Our gods chose to test Our mettle and resolve. Many of Our boats and many of Us perished. These (of course) were the Ones unfit to serve Our divine cause. Only the best of the best can be allowed to crusade in the name of All that is good and holy. Anyone and anything that is less than perfect is not worthy to kill Our foe! Thus the gods spoke and thus “they” slew many of Our brothers ere We reached faerie.

Many who did survive were ghastly sick from various maladies and some had to be stranded in lifeboats or on desert islands. Once again Our gods blessed Us. “They” anointed our gallant mission with a purging of All who were less than perfect. If You doubted Our cause before, certainly now You can see that even the gods smiled on Our venture!

When the worthy few finally arrived at faerie We brought a blizzard the likes of which had never before been seen. In fact it is My understanding that faerie had never experienced any blizzard before. Apparently faerie does experience light dustings of snow, just enough to paint All the countryside with a fresh frosty glow. We of course were accustomed to blizzards but nothing like this! We thought that the gods had indeed cursed the fae dusting of so-called beauty!

We brought the fight to faerie and We were ready to prove Our right by Our might. We would conquer All that stood in Our way and All that ran and any that would dare to ask for sanctuary. “Down with fae!” We yelled. “Damn them to hell from which 'they' were spawned!” Our screams of outrage echoed throughout the faerie land, but did anyOne hear? Do You remember Our screams?

Did You hear the still, small voice that wept?

Truly I believe the goddess wept, sobbing in silence for Our loss. Alas, Man had left goddess at home to be tended by Woman. What need had We of weakness and love? We were on a crusade to rid the world of an abominable curse. We had Our gods and Our father’s gods and We were about to bring righteousness with a sword! Slash away, slash away, slash away All. To slash and maim and kill were Our hearts desires. Ready were We to end this curse, this plague from its own world.

We only encountered One small problem, I guess You could call it “nothing.” Beside OurSelves, Our anger, hate and greed there seemed to be nothing here. Of course there were Our great and mighty gods and the blizzard “they” rained down, but where were the fae?

The fae were nowhere to be found. (Remember I mentioned that there were some facets of faerie of which We were ignorant?) “They” can hide in plain sight. “They” can read the mind of Man. The land can shift and time can stop or race past at incredible speed. All that We could find was the blizzard with which Our gods were cursing the fae. Did faerie even notice the blizzard? Were We blinded by Our own curse?

Do not even think such thoughts. The gods were on Our side. We were right and Our strength of arms could prove it to any that disbelieved.

But where was the fae?

We are intelligent, thinking, knowing beings with opposable thumbs! There was absolutely no way We could be wrong!

But where was the fae?

Our swords were sharper than Our minds and We would prevail this day. We had the best and most deadly weapons (not to mention the deadest weapons). We could slash and burn and maim and kill until We swam in blood.

But where was the fae?

The word wrong was not even in Our vocabulary. We had left that cursed word at home with Woman and her feeble old goddess. Tending fires, mending socks, suckling the young, what good all that without a sword to kill with?

But where was the fae?

Faerie watched and waited. Faerie left Us alone to wander in the blizzard for what seemed like forty days, and turned into forty generations. Forty generations of not knowing the face of Woman. We spent forty generations without the birth of a living child. For forty generations We wandered in our blindness and Our blizzard the gods had sent to bless Us.

Faerie watched and waited. Occasionally We would glimpse a mist in the snow. At times We felt the fae wind blow through Our coats. We even lost precious items and We knew these fowl creatures of the night had stolen from Us. Imagine the gall, We had come to deliver “them” from “their” own damnation, and “they” stole Our gold. Or, so We thought. Certainly none of Us, any Man would seek Self-gain? We were a righteous group, the chosen few, the purged soldiers of god, and We had death and a blizzard to prove it.

Faerie watched and waited. Only the difference between faerie time and the time of Man allowed faerie to abide Us at All. The time and the distance from which the fae viewed Our lot allowed “them” to wait and watch. “They” watched Us suffer and die and purge Our numbers even more. “They” watched Us slash at the wind and drive Our swords deep into the belly of the snow. We remained steadfast in Our faith, and Our gods rewarded Us with more snow and death.

Faerie knew that none of the fae could abide Man. The land, the time, the climate, the creatures of land and love knew that none could abide the face of Man. All knew that if Our arrows found “their” mark “they” would sting with pain worse than death. Our arrows, Our swords, Our guns and Our bombs could not kill any part of faerie, but every single weapon known to Man could teach faerie to hate.

And so it was that faerie chose to depart. The call went out across the land and All the creatures answered. We heard this call, it was like a tearing scream in the dark. Our hearts knew fear, for We had never encountered such a unified cause. Surely Our gods had been right, this was an evil, evil land.

The white boats gathered at the shore. “They” were raised from the foam of the sea and We never saw a thing. Faerie raised a gallant fleet to carry it to lands untold, and all We ever saw was snow.

Faerie called its own, and All answered as One. All creatures of land and love, All creatures of air and joy, All creatures of water and life came forth to sail away. The spirits of the faerie land, the spirits of air and water joined the creatures as “themSelves” and journeyed to the shore. As One, All of faerie flocked to the boats, and All We saw was snow, and an occasional mist.

The white unicorns followed in the wake, to shelter the weak and protect All from harm. The horn of plenty sounded broad across the land, the unicorns sang only of love and as One, as the mightiest One, All drew nigh to the shore. All We saw was snow and an occasional mist.

We heard the horn, We heard the song, and We heard the call. We prayed to Our gods. We prayed for deliverance from such frightful sounds. We prayed for strength to kill whatever beasts could dare to pass in this storm. We prayed for forgiveness for this fowl horde and prayed that the stench would be driven from the land. All We saw was snow and an occasional mist, and We caught a glimpse of the white unicorn.

When the last white unicorn had boarded the last white boat All of faerie departed “their” shore and left the now barren land to Man. All that We saw was snow but We felt a change. Surely now Our gods were delivering Us from evil. Surely now We could avenge Our fallen comrades. Surely now the blood would flow.

The blizzard eased, then it stopped. A wind crossed the land blowing dust and fallen leaves. The water was fowl because it had no spirit. But the land was Ours! We were free to slash and burn. Free to cause havoc in every corner of this world. We could rape and pillage this world to Our hearts content, and Our gods must be pleased for “they” had driven the fae before Us and drowned “them” in the sea! What a glorious day it was! The gods were on Our side and asked Us for Our praise and Our fortune. Gladly We gave All that We had, for Our gods were victorious over the fowl heathen that had so wrecked this land.

What followed after that day is a tale known to all. Our minds grew even more dull and forgetful. We lost All sight of the fae; We only knew tales of faerie.
           We decided ignorance is bliss and proceeded to forget and drown ourselves in ignorance. Faerie is remembered only in obscure tales and pagan lore. Were it not for Woman, Man would not even have those. Is that a blessing or a curse? You decide, it is now Your time and Your tale. Treat it however You will.

         Until We meet again, whether it be to discuss the age of Man (the age of war) or to remember the future day when Man grows tired of war and faerie returns to Our shore.


Love,
  Merlyn

No comments: